02/03/2009

web.without.words.


weblog by Paul Armstrong: "web.without.words started simply as a way for me "practice what I preach" -- to visually represent my core belief that hierarchy, grid systems and uniformity ultimately lead to a more natural user experience. By showing the overall structure of any website, by stripping naked all the distractions of text and ads and images and showing a site for what the eye unconsciously perceives. The eye strives for pattern, consistency, unformity, predictability and balance in the complex lexicon of visual language unfurled to us constantly. My desire has always been to educate my clients and constituents about why a design is effective or ineffective (not merely beautiful or ugly) and my hope is that web.without.words can be a small step toward being that for others who visit."

No comments: