Artists, illustrators, designers of all levels. We're looking for mailable artworks to exhibit as part of a group show entitled 'MAIL ART' in January 2010. 'MAIL ART' was realised by Long Gallery Coordinator Alison Stockwell in response to the number of submissions the gallery recieved from UK based artists outside Glasgow who wished to exhibit but didn't have the funds to travel to Glasgow with their work. By inviting artists to send select pieces of work by post it gives them the opportunity to exhibit as part of a larger group exhibition without incurring any travel costs. As part of 'MAIL ART' artist Susan Mortimer, creator of Mail Art One Zine, will be making a special edition of her zine featuring selected work from exhibiting artists. There will be a limited amount of copies available free during the exhibition.
- All work must be submitted by post and be no larger than a standard large envelope. Sorry but we cannot accept work that cannot be wall mounted.
- As the work will be displayed in a public and family environment we cannot exhibit any work that is of an explicit nature.
- Mail Art Zine - Work can be any size to fit A5 and on paper (see website below for details).
- Everyone who’s work is selected for the exhibition zine will receive a copy of the issue.
- Unfortunately we cannot pay anyone for their work as Mail Art is free.
- If you wish to have your work returned to you after the exhibition please enclose a self addressed, stamped envelope.
- Deadline: 26th November ‘09
We want you to design images and posters that we can display at national, regional and local events that encourage young people to go to www.myplatform2.com and sign up to be sent off, or images that stress just how evil poverty is. There is no huge cash prize but we will give the best designs a bag full of goodies and you will be doing your part in helping rid the world of the scandal that is poverty… oh and we can give you some chocolate! (fair trade of course).
Design/illustrate/create an image of any size for display which encourages young people between 18-25 to go to www.myplatform2.com. OR: to join the fight against poverty.